Use this refreshing recipe that I created to get your morning off to a great start!
Super Coconut Ginger Tea
- 2 cups clean water
- 1/2 - 3/4 inch section of raw, fresh ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk (whole-fat, comes in a can)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Stevia to taste (10 drops or so)
- Place the water and thinly sliced ginger in a one-quart pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for a couple minutes and then let it steep for a few more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. If the coconut milk brings the temperature down too much for you, warm it up to the desired warmth.
- Pour all of this mixture into your blender and mix until everything is mixed well and the ginger is totally blended.
- Pour and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings.
I like mine hot. The temperature of the drink mixed with the warming effects of the ginger and black pepper helps you feel warm inside and out.